Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A LOVELY LETTER to my chatroom friends from a story quilter who did my workshop

Ladies, she wore me out or maybe it was the 1300 miles i drove. I came home so
full of energy, you know; clean my sewing room, organize all my scraps, sweep,
clean basement, clean yard, wash outside of my house, power wash deck and they I
realized I was exhausted and didn't do a thing for 2 days.

The class was so much fun, I never heard a complaint and I heard lots of
laughter. Wow the stories that were told in class would take a year to make. I
am actually working on my story quilt every day, today I got shoes on my feet
(my DD wondered why I had Duck tape on my feet) and a wooden spoon in my hand,
tonight it is time for the cat. Things just keep running around my head (lots
of emply space there). Tonight one of my DD called and said she thinks she and
I should make a Haloween quilt together. I said, fine, she can do the
emblishments.

I write like I talk, too much. I just want to urge every one of you to take a
class with Mary Lou. She will never run out of ideas.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
And I didn't even have to pay her to say these nice things.....hope to get some of YOU to do a story quilt too. You can start by reading my "Out of the Box" book which is all about creativity and story quilts. This book is NOT the new one called "Out of the Box with Easy Blocks."
In any case any quilt you do today that tells about YOU is a quilt that will be here in 80 years to show things to others about who you are, who you love, what is important, collections, expressions etc.....
-----
Thank you MARY, you made my year!

2 comments:

  1. Great comments and glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful letter, wonderful to know that you help so many to unlock their creativity.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete