Here is a wool quilt by Janice Schindler from Houston. She is the person who did that fabulous story quilt at Asilomar in my workshop about her darling friend from Copenhagen. Janice is into telling stories in quilts too and she does a fabulous job. Love her style and that she tell stories too.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels, divided
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup chocolate morsels and oil in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and let cool 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, and egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; let cool on wire racks.