Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lemon Cornmeal Pancake Recipe from Kathy (yum yum)and Happy Things to Make You Smile.....

I adore this funny lady and wish I had her on my mantel at home-she needs to be in some quilt only different-she is a very happy making girl.
I have files and files of happy things and wise things and fun things and like to share for imagination ideas for story quilts...hope these make your day happier.
Texas Bluebonnetss which should be in bloom right about now- I would love to see these just once before I die. I always miss them as too early or too late. Fredricksberg Texas is such a great place and good for antiquing too!
Coffee is one of my most favorite things.....

Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 3 Minutes Servings 4 Difficulty Easy

Ingredients

3 whole Eggs
1 cup Buttermilk
2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
1/2 cups Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 cup Cornmeal
1 whole Lemon Zested
1-1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoons Salt
Butter, For Cooking Pancakes

Preparation Instructions

Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the buttermilk and oil and beat until
well blended.

In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cornmeal, lemon zest, baking
powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together well then add dry ingredients
to wet ingredients and mix only until just combined.

Melt butter on a hot skillet then cook pancakes for about 30 seconds each
side. Be careful-they brown quickly
Serve with Maple Syrup or raspberry jam (without the seeds) and some real whipped cream-YUM
Imagine doing a take on this lady with the things (like balloons)-you could do your own take on this-what would you have flying and attached to you? Think about it.
The lady hugging the bolts of fabric is priceless....I guess I know how she feels and yet can laugh at it........
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. That lady sculpture is so you, lol.
    That recipe looks good, I have make whole wheat pancakes and johnny cakes, but have never heard of cornmeal pancakes.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete