Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Quilts that Make Us All Smile! And isn't that what we all want to do?

 
Susie Urban Decker did this darling purple cow! She took the cow out of the book which now is available in pattern.
I love how she was so original with the background, the happy face and the fabrics! You can tell she is a happy person and quilter!
Wonderful cow quilt from my cow pattern. I have the pattern done in TWO sizes! $12. 
It's a great guild challenge and people love to see them together.
This is a copyrighted pattern by Mary Lou.

Our book sold out completely so I printed the pattern. 😊 it will be on my new website soon. If you want it earlier, email marylouquilts@aol.com
 Janneke Van der Ree made this fish wall hanging in a workshop I did! So fun, right? I love what Everyone is doing in wool! Soon I will have this available as a pattern. 😀 I will Keep offering it as a workshop as I have samples of beads, trims, buttons, shells and gizmos to make it folk art wonderful!
Lorraine Crummer took my retreat that I offer here in Spokane a few years ago. She sent me photos of her quilt that was free and easy and innovative and fun! This threatens some people but if you
Let go of negative thoughts you can enjoy a new road less traveled and see what you come up with!!

My motto is you can make your own happiness and if you want to live longer and better it's a great philosophy!

Diane Cowell made this wonderful
4th of July quilt from my cow pattern. Quite fun, right? I love it!!!

I went to the Coeur D'Alene quilters show and one of my favorite quilt shops was there. Island Quiktercfrom Vashon Island had loads of bright and happy fabrics and since Iam working on a chicken book I grabbed fabric that looks led like feathers and had good texture. Really fun! By the way Island Quilter is open again  in a new building!

My backyard changes from day to day. I get so much peace there and new ideas for happy quilts. It's a nice place to pray for friends who are ill or just come to mind. I am blessed.
My daughters birthday was this week and the same day I got done with my radiation for Breast cancer! Hooray. Now I have the rest of the summer to heal and then I am off to places to teach creativity, easy piecing and story quilts! 
My daughter and I went out for manicures, pedicures and lunch. A lovely day together!

I hope the summer is bringing blessings your way too. Pay it forward and be a blessing to someone who needs it today.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your radiation therapy!! Woo hoo!!! Now you can enjoy quilting and recuperating during the lazy, hazy days of summer!!

    Thank you too, Mary Lou, for all the inspiration and positive energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy dancing that the radiation treatments are behind you at last! Let the healing begin and your strength and endurance return soon. Obviously your glorious sense of humor and off the charts color sense is intact despite all medical assaults! Way to go, indeed!

    Love the mellow and smiling purple cow. IMHO, it's a standout among the many creative, wild, and wacky cow quilts in the world.

    Wishing you WELL!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you posting again and that great photo of you and your daughter with your new manicures.

    Your resilience during this time of treatment has been amazing Mary Lou..taking a painting workshop while under treatment!

    Close that chapter and keep on with your wonderfully creative life Mary Lou. Looking forward to attending your next retreat and the new booklet you are publishing.

    Love and encouragement sent your way every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful news...many healthy and happy days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear your good news and the happy news of the Island Quilter reopening. Good things happening for good people--may it always be so.

    ReplyDelete