Sunday, December 20, 2015

Don't Give this Recipe to Anyone Fudge, Mpre photos of Germany and blessings for the Day

This Santa was made by an Artist that works in buttons, beads and Plastics. Amazing , right?

An angel in front of a shop- loved her
----------------------
So years ago I asked my Aunt for her ultra rich and fantastic fudge recipe thateveryone  wanted and could not get. I finally wore her down and got it! She is 99 years old now and does not cook or bake so I am passing it along. Her name is Lucille. Do hove her credit if you make it please

 Mary Lou's Aunt Lucille's "Don't Give This Recipe to ANYONE Fudge -shhhhh don't tell her, this stuff is divine and worth the trouble!
4 cups sugar
4 cups cream
1 cup Karo
1 cup  real butter
4 squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups of walnuts or pecans
2 teaspoons vanilla
Combine sugar, karo butter, chocolate, and 2 cups of cream. Boil 15 minutes, Next slowly add 2 more cups of cream and boil to soft ball stage- 1hour hour or more...worth the time and effort, honest. I stir with a wooden spoon off and on throughout this process. Add Vanilla and then beat until thick. Add nuts and put into a greased pan. Enjoy. People love this fudge!
Above a wooden Nativity carving in Germany
Here I am happy to be touring and having fun and enjoying the fullness of German Christmas experience. They know how up celebrate like no one else! The hat I am wearing is punched wool sold by a great German lady. I love it.
Wooden everything Christmas for sale
A hot water bottle wool
Punched with a cow. Don't you just love it????
Wonderful! A shop with thousands of ornaments.
We had the best hot chocolate in the world! No one makes hot chocolate like the Germans and we added a little Baileys once and that was good too.
Cookies were for sale everywhere! Especially gingerbread and liebkuchen.
Truffles anyone?
Girlfriends having fun in Germany! Tina, Molly, Wendy and me. Sandy Fisher took the photo. As friends we felt like this trip made our friendships grow even stronger.
My back yard this week. It has snowed much more and it is snowing so hard now you can barely see in front of you. Note my bottle tree I. The background.
Above is the class called "Little Darlings" that I am teaching in Paducah this spring. It is a fun class!!!
     If you were a winner here earlier I am sending your prizes put this week- honest!!!!
     I went to church today and was blessed with the idea of always passing on your many blessings with whoever God connects you with.
YOU dear friend bless me and I sincerely want to thank you.
I have had some tough breaks the last two years and have been sustainedby your   love. Thank you and may you have a Merry Christmas and a year filled with God's many blessings.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing trip and you went to the most interesting places, loved seeing the photos on Facebook too. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary Lou, for sharing more of your Christmas Market trip - that smile on your face says it ALL!!!

    You've had a rough few years, but your faith continues to shine through. You definitely are an inspiration to me!

    Merry Christmas and wishing you many blessings for the New Year to you and your family ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures of an amazing trip!

    Hope you and your family had a wonderfully, happy Christmas today and that the year ahead holds good health and other delights for you.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete