Sunday, March 11, 2018

Come join me in Wisconsin for Story quilts!

I want to say right off the bat that a woman who was coming to my retreat in Spokane in June has to have surgery. So I have ONE opening for my retreat and trip to Farm Chicks and to Coeur d'Alene and many other great bonus's to the story quilt workshop. If you want in do it NOW. Lattegirl@aol.com    You can probably find out more info on Marylouquiltdesigns.com Look for the word retreat.


 Tina Neppl is still working on a quilt about her boys and her husband at the beach. It has the borders and is cool.
 So If you live in the Midwest or East or west come and join me here. http://www.woodlandridgeretreat.com.
This is a beautiful retreat center in Wisconsin that the other teachers who have taught there say is wonderful! I have some new handouts and new quilts to show and tiaras to give out. :0) Come and join us for the fun!
 The quilt above was done By Kathy from Modesto. It is darling and this photo does not do it justice.
 Above Sandy from Montana got a first place ribbon from her Italy quilt. People LOVE story quilts as do the judges. Many win first place ribbons.
The book above is available only from me at www. Marylouquiltdesigns.com  I might mention too that there are some not to be missed Alexander Henry prints you won't find other places. They sell out too fast in shops. :0)
I thought this was funny and clever. 

 A clever way to do Foxglove flowers for a story quilt. :0)
 Above, Mari Linfesty did this pretty floral quilt. It is beautiful quilted. Mari is very talented.
 The photo above is Part of my Goodbye and Hello quilt.  When my husband died I was so sad and needed something to care for. I got six chickens (they are in the house window that you cannot see). It was good to get up and have to feed them and check on them during the day. Some people get a dog or a cat. Not me, I chose chickens. :0)

 A border of a quilt I want to do about baking with my Granddaughters. Love the borders. They are fun  and give you time to think about what your story is. Or could be.

My quilt called Party Cats.....What can I say? It's happy!
 This quilt is owned by Del Thomas for her collection. This is just a portion. It is all about Pacific Grove and Asilomar.
 Betty above made this quilt about her parents coming over from China. She has the papers included and beautiful photos of them. It is FULL of history and a real prize. Anyone would love to own this historic quilt. It gives many ideas of what they could do for their story.

 The lady above is Pam Dransfelt's Mother who has passed away. When she was in a care facility this quilt hung next to her on the wall. Her husband is in a care facility now and this wonderful quilt is hanging next to him. Woudln't you love a family quilt wo continue bringing joy that tells of someone you love?

 This quilt is in the collection of Marie Brown. It is titled Quilters Retirement Home. It was very fun to make and see how it turned out. :0)
Below my hippie/60's quilt. was fun to do. It is huge.
Sandi Henschels trip with her Mother and many adventures.
I do not recall whose wonderful quilt this is below. It sure is fun though! Hope she reads my blog.

Again,. I am not sure whose quilt this is. I take the photo and have no information and my memory is gone. It is so frustrating. Anyway isn't this a great quilt about a fisherman?



 Below is the story of my Grandparents who lived in British Columbia. I had wonderful times there at their home.
The quilt below was made by Janice from Houston about her friend Ann from Copenhagen. Isn't it darling? I wish it was mine!!
This was made by Charlotte (one of the Bunny Sisters. It is a story of her husband painting and his nephew playing music to paint by. Note the mice!!

 Freddy Moran and I worked on the quilt below. She did the border and I appliques and designed the story.
A silly little scare crow girl for fun. I sold it so it is living with someone else now. I am not sure who.

 The quilt below is one of my favorite. It was copied from my Granddaughter's drawing at age seven. It is whimsical and very sweet. I love the words that are mispelled.

 The quilts above and below are made by Larua and Charlotte who are the famous "Bunny Sisters." They have made more story quilts than anyone I know....except for me. :0) Actually I am pretty sure Laura made both of these but I wanted to mention Charlotte who makes one when Laura does.

 A pattern from one of my books. It is fun to see how people take a pattern and do their version. I love this.
Below is my scarecrow I did years ago. He is pretty fun and I love pumkins and Autumn colors.
 Sometimes I just make a quilt about me that does not look like me but inside she is what I feel like. I love chickens and cool earrings and mascara. :0)
If you would like to see more photos join me on Facebook at Mary Lou Donahue Weidman. I just put on three posts  with many many story quilts. :0)
So Until I figure out how to get my newest photos loaded on here hope you enjoyed these story quilts and the talented girls who did them.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't visited your blog for awhile, thanks for including my Road Trip quilt in your recap. You've got some wonderful pictures and stories to share.

    It's always a great time st your retreat.

    ReplyDelete