Monday, July 4, 2011

Can you Imagine? A story quilt shower curtain! Wonderful idea!


Dear Mary Lou,
I was part of the class you did back  in November in Baltimore. I had just moved for the second time in less than six weeks and almost did not come to the workshop, but Mimi Dietrich helped me get organized and get there. Great fun - thank you again.
 I have finally finished it and it will  be my new shower curtain so I can enjoy it often. (did not need another large wall quilt).
 Again, thanks for the workshop and inspiration.
 Karen Amelia Brown
 Look at the details on this quilt! Great meld of fabrics, fun figures and this closeup is wonderful isn't it?  Look at the birds in the tree...do you recognize these? Would love to use her bathroom just to see this as a shower curtain.
Very fun and very original. Thank you for sharing this with us Karen. I am so glad you came and took the class and that Mimi helped you. Mimi is like that. :0) You made my month.

8 comments:

  1. Love the idea of using it as a shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute quilt and what a great idea to use it as a shower curtain. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun shower curtain. I want to do one with a mermaid theme and I did buy some fabric that goes from light to dark blues, for the background. Now I just need to draw out a design and size, etc.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her embellishments are great, love the rick rack and fuzzy yard for the flowers. Very creative cutting the words out to look like whimsical petals.

    Hope you enjoy your new home and that you don't have to move again too soon Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing this adorable story quilt and I love the idea of a shower curtain!!! My grandchildren NEED one!!! Oh my, I can see it now, including all their ideas and cute sayings!!! Now I must finish my 1st story quilt so I can start another for my Story Quilt collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute!!! What a fun shower curtain! :-) I've always wondered if you could turn a quilt top into a shower curtain and now I know. Way to go, Karen! Thanks a bunch for sharing this awesome creation! LOVE the flowers and kokopelli up on the roof! :~D

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I want HER bathroom! BEAUTIFUL, HAPPY, COLORFUL! Brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun fun fun quilt! Very creative use of fabrics - great to see it as a shower curtain!

    ReplyDelete