Sunday, November 6, 2011

Two Ways to Think About This......Plus giving Thanks,,,,

Anyone who knows me knows I adore Bakelite jewelry. I can't afford the expensive bracelets I admit but I can dream. When I was younger and in my 20's I collected depression glass. I used to have dreams I was swimming and under the water in the sand was hundreds of pieces of rare depression glass. I am over that but since then I have the same dream about bakelite but it washes ashore and no one but me is around.
    Now with it being Thankful month and all I am trying to do my best to enjoy and give THANKS for things that are not things. Then I met Les and Loretta at Market and first of all they were so charming and nice I couldn't help but talk to them for over an hour. Les remembers "American Hurrah", a quilt shop in Manhatten that bought and sold quilts before it was fashionable. I met Joel and his wife in the late 70's....there were alot of things that Les and I remembered or had in common. I told him it was a divine appointment. If you loved Bakelite this is your place....look at these wonderful polka dot bracelets! SO cool. This guys knows more about bakelite than anyone I have ever met and he has many books from the 20's, 30's and 40's on the subject. Such a nice thing to meet someone and learn so much! I was truly inspired and so far no dreams of found treasures of colorful bakelite but I am sure it is going to happen.
If you are in the market, he knows his stuff and his prices are the best out there. Tell him I sent you please....he is alot of fun and his wife Loretta has a beautiful accent and a beautiful voice and is super nice. They are a great couple.
I was so moved by one of the comments left here...it made such an impression on me and I am so happy to think about it.
"If you were only provided with the things that you thanked God for yesterday, what would you have today?" THAT is going to be my mantra.....it is changing the way I pray along the way in my travels. Wanted to share it again in case you missed it.

1 comment:

  1. Great pieces, would love to own a couple of them.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete