Friday, September 30, 2011

Story Quilt Sharing Here-Isn't it PRETTY and FUN? Comment please

I got a wonderful email this week and wanted to share this adorable quilt with you....great subject and fun colors and awesome lettering....hope to see the whole quilt on a wall (photo) sometime. I'd give this quilt and A+!
She wrote this to me below: 2 letters so you will get to see both......

Hi Mary Lou...I read it from cover to cover.....Quilted Memories.....put on my thinking cap and produced the attachment. Had more fun making this quilt than any other I've ever done. Have been quilting since 1999. Thought you'd enjoy looking at it. Sandie Duerksen, Aiken, South Carolina
Sorry I had the wrong email address for origianl message. Thought you'd enjoy seeing your inspiration....just loved reading the book and working on my toucans...Sandie Duerksen at Aiken, South Carolina
ON another note, I will be leaving for the Apostle Islands to teach at Madeline Island-a Beautiful place for beautiful story quilts! FUN. I will be there next year this time and if you start saving, you can come and see how to make a story about YOU or someone YOU love!

8 comments:

  1. That is such a wonderful piece, love the appliques and the fun fabrics, she did a beautiful job on being creative and fun.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this quilt ~ what a clever idea! :~D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and fun quilt. A very special quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandie's story quilt is awesome!!! love the black stripe accents, what a WINNER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt! So much inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great! Am trying to figure out how to get signed in but am not getting there fast! crow

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a spectacular quilt! Every inch of it! I want one!!!!!

    ReplyDelete